3 best family storage tips
Get a Free Moving Quote
Are you in currently the “thinking stage” for better ways to maximize the space in your house? You’re limited on space or overwhelmed by the number of your possessions? In this post, you’ll find all the answers as well as three of the best family storage tips. We are all aware that in order to maintain a family/living room appearing elegant, organized, clutter-free, and practical, fashionable storage solutions are required. However, how can you deal with the never-ending problem of toys, books, gaming gadgets, and DVDs? To get you started, here are a few golden rules to remember when storing items in your home. Don’t be afraid to contact Chester County moving and storage if you know that you’ll be moving soon. They will gladly offer you a helping hand and help keep everything organized during the move.
Golden rules to follow when storing items in your home
- Square containers are the way to go. Because they make the most use of available space, square storage containers are always preferable to round ones unless you have open shelves. Round containers take up more room and cannot be placed flat against a wall, making them less efficient.
- Don’t buy inexpensive containers. Clothing should be stored in containers that are weather- and temperature-resistant rather than those that are only sturdy enough to keep their contents safe. For long-term storage, plastic is the best option. If you’re in need of some moving storage containers, click on this link.
- Search for nesters. Convenient containers, called nesters, stack neatly on top of each other. Both fashionable and functional, they’re an excellent choice for any occasion.
- Don’t buy the whole set. Only one container of each size is typically the case with sets of containers, which doesn’t always reflect reality. Containers should be sized dependent on what you’re keeping, rather than the other way around.
- Determine how much room you have for storage. Before you begin packing up your belongings, make sure you have a place to keep them. The time and effort saved by reversing the process will be well worth the effort.
3 best family storage tips
A large family may rapidly turn into a hodgepodge of mess. Sometimes, the more room you have, the more difficult it may be to keep track of clutter. However, it is possible to have a clean and open house. Your solution: smart storage. In addition to saving space, smart storage provides flair. Adding only a few design items might make your house appear larger than it really is. You won’t feel confined or overwhelmed since you can easily locate all of your items. Try some of these ideas for smart storage solutions that include both purpose and aesthetics. Your home will get to shine in a whole new light.
1. Consider installing built-in bookshelves
Make the most of your wall space by installing built-in bookshelves! Make use of base cabinets to hide the ugliest objects in your built-ins. For books and other decorative items, open shelving on top is ideal. Our flat-screen televisions are frequently the major focus of the room. Build-ins surrounding your flat screen enhance this main point while giving adequate storage space for electrical gadgets, board games, and toys.
For many of us, the expense of bespoke built-ins is prohibitive. It’s a good thing that the DIY community has a cheaper alternative! Make your own “built-in bookshelf” with molding and painter’s caulk by purchasing numerous pre-made bookshelves. You can build your own built-in bookshelves using Ikea Billy bookcases by following online step-by-step instructions. We’re crossing our fingers that you’ll be able to construct your dream built-in storage this year!
2. Interchangeable furniture
When designing your family/living room’s layout, don’t overlook the potential of built-in benches and window seats with concealed storage. Consider creating a storage bench that doubles as extra sitting instead of a sofa on an open wall. Currently, my dining room is a fantastic place for this idea to be implemented. Extra storage may be found in coffee tables and ottomans! Find ottomans with detachable tops to make them work even harder and smarter for you. For those who can’t afford a new ottoman, make a coffee table that’s ready for game night. The tabletop may be painted with blackboard paint to add a dash of playfulness! It’s adorable!
3. Get your hands on some baskets
For clutter control, baskets are our go-to answer! Every room in the house should have a basket to hide clutter and keep it organized. Actually, I personally can’t remember a single room or closet in my house without a basket! With all of the matching containers below, you could hide legos, puzzle pieces, and card games as well as art items, and even play-doh! However, if you’re short on space and don’t want to compromise on aesthetics, it’s possible to store these objects in a more accessible location for your children. However, sometimes you just can’t have space for everything, especially in a small living space. So if you have a lot of things cluttered around, you may want to check out climate-controlled storage near me. There, you will be able to store everything you don’t have space for on your new shelves.
A wall of baskets conceals a wealth of activities for the whole family. It’s possible to incorporate basket storage into your living area without dedicating a whole wall to the purpose, although this may be more difficult. The baskets on each of your end tables and your coffee table could hide books and other items.
These 3 best family storage tips are sure to be a hit with the whole family. Create more room for entertaining, have easy access to your favorite belongings, and provide a thoughtful present for your child by providing them with well-designed storage space. Smart storage solutions may be used in an infinite number of ways to conserve space. Feel free to contact moving companies Philadelphia should you have any additional storage or moving-related needs.