Finding reliable storage solutions in Chester County
Get a Free Moving Quote
Space is a valuable commodity in big cities like Philadelphia. Aside from the obvious space-saving benefits, there are many other reasons for which people choose to rent a storage unit. Imagine, for example, that you are undertaking home renovations. It would be great if you could put your furniture somewhere and protect it from dust and debris. Well, Chester Country moving and storage represents a reliable yet affordable solution for this situation, as well as for everyone looking for additional storing space. Yet, how to find a quality storage company in the sea of other storage companies? We have prepared a short guide that will help you find reliable storage solutions in Chester County. Stay with us.
What are the attributes of a quality storage unit?
Before we proceed to explain how can you find reliable storage providers, we have to define the standards of a quality storage unit. Here is what to look for in a storage unit. Safety comes first. The most important parameter of all. You don’t want your stored furniture to mysteriously disappear overnight, do you? Therefore, you should check if the storage facility is equipped with video monitoring systems that prevent thefts. Also important are quality locks and the presence of night guards.
Accessibility. Ideally, you should try to find a storage unit that is located near the place you live in. Next, check if the storage unit is easily accessible by van or truck. Finally, see if they are open 24 hours a day and if they work during the holidays. An important enhancement that will protect your belongings from harsh outside factors like heat or cold. Climate control also prevents the appearance of mold inside of units.
There are several reliable storage solutions in Chester country
Reliable moving companies often offer a wide array of different moving services. That’s one of the indicators that the company is experienced and legitimate. The same applies to companies that offer storage solutions. Most storage companies will offer you these options:
- On-site storage. A great option for both short-term as well as long-term storage. If you live in a house, this mobile, easily-accessible storage solution could save your day.
- Warehouse storage. A large-scale storage unit designed for importers, exporters, and wholesalers to store their products.
- Residential storage. Ideal during relocation, home remodeling, or for downsizing and decluttering.
- Portable storage units. Ideal for relocation, portable storage units present a more cost-efficient alternative to full-scale moving services. On the other hand, you will have to perform most of the moving-related tasks on your own.
These are some of the most popular choices, and you should always go for the solution that best suits your needs.
You must define what are you searching for
Now when we know what are some of the standards of a quality storage unit, you must decide what you exactly need. Here is what we mean by that. You have the size and you have a price. Storage units come in many sizes so you have to pick one that you suit your needs best. Try to estimate how much stuff you have for storing, and chose a storage unit size based on that estimate.
Also, measure all bigger items to make sure that they fit into the unit. On the other hand, it doesn’t make sense to rent a unit that is considerably bigger than you need. You will just waste money, the most important factor for most people. Yes, we agree that you should always try to save some money, but don’t go cheap on stuff that really matters. Take a look at the attributes of a quality storage unit one more time, and remember that the most important thing is the safety of your belongings.
How to find reliable storage solutions in Chester county
There are many moving companies Philadelphia, and most of them also offer storage services. But the problem is that not all of them present a good choice. As a matter of fact, finding a reliable yet affordable storage solutions could prove to be a difficult task. Since your main concern is the safety of your belongings, you must approach this choice seriously. Listed below are a few tips that could help you identify quality movers:
- Do online research. A simple checkup of the company’s website can reveal a lot about that particular moving agency. If they don’t have a website, that’s already a bad sign.
- Look for licenses and certificates. Every reliable moving and storage company must have some sort of license to perform their business activities. In this case that is a USDOT number. Best moving agencies are also members of the AMSA (American Moving & Storage Association).
- How are their employees? Are they friendly and ready to assist you? Do they wear uniforms? These are all details, but they speak volumes about a particular agency.
Also, remember one important task. Read the comments section. See what other customers think about that company. This is an important insight into the quality of their services and the way they treat their clients.
Ask friends for reliable storage solutions in Chester County
Do you have friends or relatives that recently moved, or that are using storage services? Well, your best bet is to ask your friends for help and advice because nothing beats a friendly recommendation. Moreover, this will save you a lot of time that you would, initially, spend on doing research. Even if your friends had a bad experience, you now know who not to hire. And that is a good start.
All things considered, finding reliable storage solutions in Chester County doesn’t have to be a problem. Just follow the advice we gave you above and you will be good to go. Good luck!