How to pack your backyard decorations
Get a Free Moving Quote
Are you thinking of relocating soon, or planning a party? Maybe you’ve had a big celebration not so far in the past, but it left you with the big question mark – how to pack your backyard decorations? Whether you use them for everyday decor, or for once-in-a-year events, packing your backyard decorations can be a big task. Various moving companies Philadelphia offers can help you deal with your backyard decorations that need special handling.
We’re here to help you in various ways – from packing the backyard decorations yourself to lending you a helping hand with the heavy items and packing. To find out what you can do with the decorative items yourself, as well as what features to look for when hiring the movers to help with decorations – keep on reading!
Get quality packing materials
When you first start planning the packing process, you’ll soon realize that you’ll need high-quality packing materials to pack your decorations. There are several approaches that you can take to acquire the needed materials:
- Get them online! That’s the most comfortable and easiest way to finish shopping. The downside of it may be that you order the items of the wrong size or even worse, the quantity of the materials isn’t enough for all of your items. In that case, you’ll need to wait several days more to truly finish packing everything. If you’re not on the clock and deadline, this is a good option for you! Moreover, you won’t need the vehicle big enough for all the packing materials, since it will be delivered straight to your home.
- Buy them from the store. This is a good option for those who don’t want to miss out on an opportunity to get knowledgeable advice from the people working in the store. In this version of events, you’ll need to find the appropriate vehicle to bring all of those materials home – so keep that in mind. It’s best if you have another person helping you to unload the materials.
Don’t forget that, to pack your backyard decorations, you can get help from the professionals!
Rent the materials from the moving company or buy them from the company itself. When you rent the materials from movers like Movers East Norriton PA, you’ll work on a schedule. That means that you’ll need to finish unpacking in a certain timeframe, and in return, you’ll not only have the motivation to unpack in time but getting rid of all those materials will also be made easier. In case you need someone to help you with the heavy lifting, you can also count on various moving companies to help you with lifting, assembling, and disassembling, as well as packing.
Have you considered storage space?
In order to pack various items, you also need to consider where to store those items. If you, like many others, lack the attic, garage, or basement – there’s a solution to your problem. Numerous movers such as residential movers Pottstown PA offer storage solutions – both short-term and long-term. If you rent the climate-controlled unit, you’ll be able to have a say in the longevity of your items. It’s important that they’re stored in appropriate conditions, otherwise, they can deteriorate quickly. If you want to store the decorations in a space that’s prone to temperature change, keep in mind that you might not have the beautiful decorations for the next year.
How to pack the fragile items
Many people start having problems packing their backyard decorations when they oversee how many decorations are fragile. It’s easy to take them out of the box. It’s sometimes even easy to set them up! But packing them again in a safe way can be problematic. So, how to pack your backyard decorations if they’re fragile?
- To pack your backyard decorations, disassemble everything. Remove the moveable parts and pack them separately.
- If the surface is easy to scratch, invest in glassine. It will help you keep your surface safe and smooth during the relocation process.
- Every part of the fragile item should be wrapped in bubble wrap, twice!
- If the item is hollow, make sure to fill in the insides with a towel or similar material.
- When you order packing boxes, if the item is fragile, it would be optimal to order the plastic moving box.
- Don’t forget to label the moving box with fragile content. This will help people who need to carry it know how carefully they need to treat the box.
Pack your backyard decorations’ big and bulky furniture pieces
To deal with big and bulky furniture pieces that pose as decoration, you can reuse them. If you can find a use in your everyday life for it, then it’s the next best thing besides storing it in the storage unit. That way, you’ll be able to see it and evaluate its state far more often. In case you have to store it in a certain room, but you don’t have space, think hard. Can you disassemble the item and pack the parts of it under the bed, in the attic, or in/on the wardrobe? To do this strenuous and time-consuming job, get help from friends and family. Invite them over for a few hours to help you deal with the decoration before the rain hits. In case you need to leave the decoration outside, invest in the plastic foil to protect it as much as possible.
Pack your backyard decorations with the help of professionals
In the end, whether you need to pack fragile or bulky items, sometimes it’s just best if you find the movers that can do all the heavy lifting for you! If they have a history of dealing with special items, antiques, sculptures, mirrors, and similar items – then they’ll know how to handle the decorations as well. Find the moving company that cares about your belongings as much as you! They will pack your backyard decorations perfectly, and you won’t have to worry about the safety of your items. Contact us if you want to see what a truly professional moving company looks like!