How to throw a housewarming party on a budget?
Get a Free Moving Quote
There are many interesting yet important things to do after moving. Although moving is a bit of a hassle, post-moving activities make up for it. Therefore, make sure you stick around to find out all you should on how to throw a housewarming party on a budget. Also, if you want to experience a stress-free relocation without breaking your bank, turn to our moving companies Philadelphia. We know how to help you.
What to do right after moving to your new home?
First of all, there are some crucial things you should do right after moving to your new home. Those are some basic activities that will alleviate the process of settling in your new house. In case you want to know what to do after moving, you need to learn what you should do before it as well. That’s because all these activities are intertwined and connected. Nevertheless, in order to conduct a successful relocation, you need to know that post-relocation activities also count.
Here are some crucial activities you need to do right after moving into your new house:
- Inspect your new house – Before pulling your belongings from self storage Pottstown PA and placing them in your house, be sure to inspect all potential irregularities in your house. For instance, see if there is any physical damage, mold, pests, etc. Then, take pictures and show them to your realtor.
- Contact your utility provider – In order for your utilities to function properly, contact your utility providers and tell them to reinstall your utilities.
- Finish all potential renovations – If you wanted to paint or remodel the house, do it before settling in. You don’t want to damage your belongings and smear them with paint, do you?
- Inspect your moving boxes before emptying them – Sometimes belongings get damaged during relocation or to better say transport. Therefore, make sure you inspect the boxes before unpacking.
- Update your address and change personal documents – This is crucial. Before you throw a housewarming party on a budget, make sure you updated your address in your ID and driver’s license.
When should you throw a housewarming party?
If you want to throw a housewarming party on a budget, you need to determine when is the right time for it. We suggest you do it within the first six months of your move. As we said, there are some crucial things you need to do right after moving. Before that, you need to schedule a relocation with your movers on time. We advise you to contact moving companies Lansdale PA to get your stress-free move.
In case you decide you want to throw a housewarming party before moving in completely, we would like to protest. That’s because there are a few downsides to hosting a party right after moving. For instance, our main reasons are listed above. Secondly, you will constantly feel pressure because you didn’t fully unpack or settle in. Moreover, another downside is the fact that you won’t really have enough space to decorate your place as you should when planning a party.
Here is why we believe you should host a housewarming party after completely settling in:
- You will introduce your neighbors to a fully equipped place
- There is a chance to give them a proper house tour
- It’s much easier to organize things in an already organized house
- Everything will be new and decorated
- You will give a much better vibe
How to throw a housewarming party on a budget?
We all know that moving costs a fair amount of money. It is completely reasonable why you’d want to throw a housewarming party on a budget. That’s what we believe there are some things you need to do before you start organizing your party. Before we get into that, be sure to check out temporary onsite storage containers if you want to move some things while the party lasts.
Here is what to keep in mind if you want to organize a housewarming party without breaking your bank:
- Set a reasonable budget – You should set a party budget according to your current money situation. We wouldn’t suggest taking a loan just to organize a party.
- Limit your guest list – In the best-case scenario, you should invite acquaintances. Don’t invite people you don’t know because there is no point.
- Don’t exaggerate with decorations – Note that there is no need to spend tons of money on decorations. Your house is the ‘star of the house party’.
- Make your own batch of drinks – There are creative ways of filling your house with alcohol. Don’t spend money on liters of it. Mix drinks at home.
Get ready to impress your neighbors
As you can see, there is no need to make something pompous from your housewarming party. It’s enough to simply call your closest friends and family and enjoy time together. Moreover, they will be glad to see you therefore there is no need to go over the top with decorations and beverages. However, you should keep in mind that it’s very important to prepare well for your relocation and for your post-move activities. You will see what we are talking about once you moved. There are a lot of things to handle and some are not cheap. Keep this in mind.
After learning how to throw a housewarming party on a budget, it’s time to do some other activities. No, not only your post-relocation ones but also things that include getting to know your new neighbors. That’s also important. Your neighbors are probably going to be your close friends. Who knows, maybe you will gain friends for life. Don’t neglect your neighbors because they could help you manage your everyday life in your new town. Moreover, you could invite some of them to your housewarming party and share a few stories with them. All in all, good luck and make sure you stick to your budget.