Should you move to Malvern, PA?
Get a Free Moving Quote
People decide to change their address in search of better jobs, better living conditions, or a better climate. Sometimes people decide to move just because they wish to make a fresh start. In fact, over 35 million Americans move every year and use the services of moving agencies. One of the most popular destinations in recent years in Philadelphia, the most populous city in Pennsylvania, and an unparalleled economic and cultural center. Given the fact that Philadelphia is such a diverse city, it comes as no surprise that there are many great neighborhoods to choose from. One such neighborhood is Malvern, a borough in the greater Philly area. But before you decide to move to Malvern, PA, you should learn a bit more about this borough and hire reliable Malvern, PA movers. So, grab some refreshments, and let’s see what Malvern has to offer.
Why is it important to know your new neighborhood before you move to Malvern, PA?
When you decide to move to a new town you need to find a place to live in. The decision will be based on your personal preferences, but most of us are looking for the same characteristics. Choosing the right neighborhood is of utmost importance and you must get it right from the start. For this reason, we advise you to do some online research, and if possible, visit the location in person.
Here are some factors that you should take into consideration:
- Crime rates
- Costs of living
- Trends in real estate values
- Job opportunities
- Quality of schools
- Parks and green spaces
- Availability of public transportation
Also, start packing on time. On the other hand, if you don’t have enough time to pack and you have to move in a hurry, we advise you to get packing services PA based. Professional packers might be an additional expense but they will help you to prepare for the move.
The financial aspect of moving to Malvern
One of the major factors behind any decision to relocate is finances. We always strive towards better job opportunities or lower costs of living. So, how do Pennsylvania and the borough of Malvern fare in this sense? What can you expect when it comes to the labor market and taxes, and how does that compare with neighboring states?
- Real Estate prices. Pennsylvania is quite inexpensive when compared to nearby New York City. In fact, rent prices are up to 50% lower than in the Big Apple, while real estate prices are 70% lower. This is a staggering difference.
- Costs of living. When it comes to everyday costs like groceries, Pennsylvania ranks a bit higher than the national average. Gas is quite expensive here, as Pennsylvania has the highest gasoline tax in the united states.
- Job opportunities. Once famous for steel production, Pennsylvania today offers many great opportunities in finance, health care, biotechnology, information technology, trade and transportation, manufacturing, oil refining, food processing, and tourism.
What to expect from Pennsylvania in a cultural sense?
The 5th most-populous state has a rich and turbulent history dating back to the 16th century, and it was one of the 13 original founding states. Needless to say, culture and education are thriving here, and big financial centers like Philadelphia and Pittsburg offer plenty of job opportunities. Furthermore, Pennsylvania has a truly mesmerizing nature ranging from sandy beaches to clear lakes and rivers and jagged mountain ranges crisscrossed with waterfalls.
So, what can you expect:
- High quality of life. The top-notch healthcare system, four distinctive seasons, world-class education, and mesmerizing nature puts Pennsylvania on the top of the most desirable places to live.
- Locals are passionate about their chocolate. Some people would argue that living close to Hershey chocolate factory is enough to make you wish in Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia is home to many great museums, theaters, and other cultural venues.
- There is a lot of green spaces around the city, and the public transport system is impeccable.
Inspect your new home before you move to Malvern, PA
This is a crucial step that you need to take before moving in with your family. Your home is the place where you will spend most of your free time, and therefore it must be in top condition. Therefore, you should inspect the property before you buy it. Here are some of the most common house defects that you should look for:
- The roof could be broken and leaking
- The foundations and other structural issues
- Woodworms and other pests
- Problems with electrical installations
- Radon and lead paint
- Septic system
With professional inspection, you can avoid future repairs and save a lot of money. If you decide to conduct repairs after you move in, you should think about renting temporary on-site storage containers. This is a great way to protect your belongings from dust and debris.
Get the services of a reliable moving company
The prerequisite for every successful relocation is to get reliable moving services. If you are not sure how to find reliable movers, you can ask your friends who recently moved for a recommendation. At the same time, you could use the internet and search for nearby moving agencies. Open their websites and check out info about previous jobs and picture galleries. Additionally, see if other customers left reviews and their experiences with that particular moving company.
Watch out for red flags like the absence of USDOT number, impolite and ignorant personnel, outdated equipment, and so forth. When you have quality moving partners you can relax and concentrate on some other equally important stages of your moving process. Also, if you start searching for movers on time, you will certainly find better deals and possibly get some discounts and ultimately save some of your money.
All in all, the greatest advantage of a move to Malvern, PA is that you will be close to Philadelphia while further saving on rent costs.