Tips to make moving with kids easy
Get a Free Moving Quote
Are you looking for tips to make moving with kids easy? Well, you have definitely come to the right place! Our team has created a short guide for all parents out there who need help while moving long-distance or even locally with children. This is a big task, especially if you are a single parent. You need to remember that your kids should be happy and content throughout the entire moving process. Moreover, it will be your job to make sure that is the case. It is hard work, believe us – this is why we have made a guide for you! All you need to do is follow our instructions and you will be safe! So, without any further ado, let us dive straight in, shall we?
Moving with kids – some easy ways to do it
Moving with kids can be really easy, actually. All you need to do is to make sure that your kids know a lot about the move. Then, you need to make sure that the following happens:
- Include your kids in the move by not including them. By this, we mean that you should constantly keep in mind that your kids will be there for the entire moving process. Thus, you should think about getting a nanny (if they are really small), or sending them to a relative. This is, of course, in case you can afford a nanny and you have suitable relatives who can take care of your kids for a while. Then, you can focus on the move a bit more. However, always make sure that your kids know that you will be moving. Remember to tell them stories about how great the City of Philadelphia is, actually, and they will listen to you!
- Actually include your kids in the move. There is another option, however. You can actually include your kids in the move. For example, a good idea would be to let them pack their toys or something or to help you clean. That way, your kids might even enjoy your relocation. Their little minds will be happy to help their parents and you can give them tasks so that they do not interfere with your move or cause any damage, while you can keep an eye out on them. Never let them near to anything that might put them in danger. So, letting them pack or play with their stuffed animals is the way to go.
Some things to keep in mind
In most cases, you will be calling the best apartment movers you can find in Philadelphia. However, you can also choose to do the move on your own. Moving alone with kids might be a nightmare, so consider hiring a nanny, at least. In case you want to do it without a temporary guardian and without a moving company, you should do the following:
- Make sure that your kids are busy with something. This is always a good idea. You will need to clean and prepare your apartment prior to your move. Make sure to clean/prepare your kids’ room last. Let them sleep a bit longer or let them play inside of it while you are doing the rest of the apartment. If your significant other is around, you can switch and babysit the kids while the other one is working. It is a tiresome job, we all know it, but there is no other way to do it, we’re afraid.
- Consider hiring some movers, at least for packing. Since you might have realized by now that it might be a problem for you to move with kids just like that, you might want to hire some moving services. We are not saying that you should get full relocation services – you can get the best packing services in Philadelphia instead. This will help drastically with your relocation. Moreover, you can take care of your kids while your movers are packing your items for you. However, make sure that you need to pack your essentials box by yourself. No one is going to do that for you!
Moving with kids – is it really that hard?
Overall, moving with kids is not as hard as it can get. All you need to do is to make them constantly happy and more than 80% of your problems will be gone. Here are some good ideas about how to make your kids happy prior to your move:
- Make a special moving day meal. This is always a good idea. You will need a lot of energy and your kids will be happy. However, make sure to prepare something your kids enjoy the most and make it extra special. A good idea would be to order food from their favorite place before the move. Who knows when they will have the opportunity to eat there again?
- Treat them to something extra special. This is a really good idea. If you can make your kids happy on a moving day or on the day before the move, your move will go easier. We are not saying that you should do that only to make it easier for you to move. No, your kids’ happiness is very important as well. However, in a situation like this, it can be a really good idea to take them to an amusement park or something they like. Try it out!
While you are moving with kids, you should not forget about storage and storage space. Chances are you will not need warehouse storage solutions, but some extra storage might be in order. Thus, it is always better to be safe than sorry. Get the best storage options you can find. You will thank us later!
Moving with kids – conclusion
Overall, moving with kids is not as hard as you might have expected. It can get hard, so be careful during every step of the moving process. You should refer to our guide whenever you think it is necessary. In any case, we wish you all the best! Good luck!