When is the time to rent a warehouse?
Get a Free Moving Quote
Nowadays it’s very common that people run out of space in their home or office and have to look for additional storage. This happens both to individuals who outgrow their homes and to companies that outgrow their storage space. That’s why many people look for storage units or warehouses where they’re able to keep all of their belongings. But although many moving companies Philadelphia offer different storage solutions, sometimes it can be hard to decide whether you truly need to get a warehouse or not. After all, you want to be sure you’re not throwing your money down the drain. So if you’re wondering when is the time to rent a warehouse, we’re here to answer that question for you. We’ll also tell you how to rent the right kind of warehouse for your needs if you decide to go for it. So, read along to learn more about warehouse storage.
When should you rent a warehouse?
So, if you’re thinking of getting extra space for your commercial needs, but you’re not sure if it’s the right choice, we’re here to help. We’ll tell you a few good reasons for starting to research reliable storage solutions in Chester County and looking for a warehouse. It’s time to rent a warehouse if you need to free up space. If your company is running out of space for storing products, the answer to the question When is the time to rent a warehouse is – now. By getting a warehouse, you’ll be able to expand your inventory and free up space in your headquarters.
You should rent warehouse storage if you want faster and cheaper delivery. Because the warehouse has a distribution and transportation system, you’ll be able to meet the distribution demands much easier and more efficiently. The distribution system figures out the quickest and most cost-effective route from the warehouse to the customer.
If you need trained personnel, you should rent a warehouse. When you rent a warehouse, there’s no need to spend time and money training warehouse employees. Instead, trained personnel is included in the cost of the warehouse. These pros are here to ensure the best kind of storage for your things.
When you don’t want to buy a warehouse. Whether you don’t have the means to or you just don’t like the idea of buying a warehouse, renting is your best bet. Buying is expensive and renting provides you a little more flexibility. You can keep the warehouse for as long as you need it and you won’t pay property tax. Other than that, the rented warehouse space comes with equipment, so you won’t have to invest in that as well.
What to think about before renting a warehouse
- HVAC – Heating, ventilation, air conditioning: for good air quality and thermal comfort, the building should have an HVAC system installed. When it’s time to rent a warehouse, you need to check if installing an HVAC system is your responsibility or if it’s included in the price. If there’s already an HVAC system installed, you should have it inspected before renting the warehouse.
- Square footage: different landlords might calculate the square footage differently. It’s ideal to only pay for the square footage you’re actually using. But keep in mind that some landlords will calculate the square footage from the outside of the wall, for example.
- Operating expenses: these often include insurance, maintenance, and taxes. Make sure you know what is included in these costs before signing a contract.
- Maintenance of the warehouse: what are the landlord’s responsibilities and what are yours?
- Parking space: is the landlord making your cover the expenses of the parking lot? Maintenance of the parking lot should be the landlord’s responsibility, so beware.
- Loading area: is it right for your needs?
- Electrical power: does the facility have electrical power that’s appropriate and sufficient for your needs?
- Ceiling height: is the ceiling high enough for the amount of equipment or products you’ll be storing?
While renting a warehouse is a great storage solution for many companies and businesses, it can come with certain issues. That’s why it’s important to go into renting a warehouse with open eyes and an informed mind. There are a few things you should keep in mind when you’re thinking of getting storage services. Don’t worry, we’ll tell you what you should be aware of to avoid making any choices or decisions you’ll regret.
How to find a reliable warehouse storage
- Research is the key to success. You need to have all the important information about the storage rental company before signing the contract. So, dig deep and do a thorough background check.
- Reviews say a lot. It’s crucial to see what the customers have to say before you make the decision. If they’re mainly satisfied with the warehouses, you’re probably onto a good one.
- What do your friends recommend? If you have friends or colleagues who have rented warehouses in the past, ask them for advice. You can learn from their experience and get some good recommendations.
- Don’t rent a warehouse before inspecting it. Before you rent a warehouse, you need to know that everything’s in check.
When you’re asking the question when is the time to rent a warehouse, one of the answers can be: when you find the right one. What this means is that you should choose wisely and be certain that you’re getting a warehouse that’s appropriate for your needs and that’s safe. It’s much more than just typing ”climate controlled storage near me” in your search engine. Here’s what to do.
So, when you’re asking yourself when is the time to rent a warehouse, chances are it’s time to do it now. When you start looking for the right one, keep the abovementioned things in mind, and be careful when making the choice.