Best places to find packing supplies in Philadelphia
Get a Free Moving Quote
Philadelphia, the capital city of Pennsylvania is also one of the biggest cities in The United States. Philly, as the locals like to call it, has a rich and turbulent history and was the focal point of many great events that contributed to the birth of our nation. Today, it is one of the biggest cultural, financial, and tourist centers in the world. Its skyscraper-dominated skyline attracts many new residents each year, who come here in search of better job opportunities or studies. If you are planning to move to, or around Philadelphia, the first thing that you should do is find reliable movers Montgomery County. Preparing for the move requires packing materials, and we are going to share with you the best places to find packing supplies in Philadelphia. Stay with us to find out more.
First advice: Let the professionals do the job for you
Say that you have to move in a hurry. You have received a call for a better job position, and you have a deadline to change your address. Perhaps you are too busy to organize the move on your own? Maybe you don’t know how to do it, but you want to be sure that everything runs smoothly. This is the perfect time to contact a professional moving agency like Zippy Shell Greater Philadelphia and to let the experts handle your relocation process.
Professional moving crews have all the necessary knowledge and tools to move all types of objects including heavy and bulky items like pianos, large chandeliers, and kitchen appliances. Furthermore, they have got all the required packing supplies, so you don’t have to worry about that. You can now concentrate on other important aspects of the relocation process like selling your old apartment or learning a thing or two about your new neighborhood.
What packing materials I have to buy to pack my home for the move?
Packing materials are a fundamental tool for every relocation process. By acquiring the right equipment you will make the whole process a lot simpler and more systematic. Furthermore, by organizing the packing process correctly, it will be easier for you to unpack when you arrive at your destination. But let’s get to the point; this is what you have to buy:
- Cardboard boxes
- Packing paper
- Packing tape
- Bubble wrap
- Basic tools like screwdrivers
- Marker pens
- Multi-colored stickers
- Styrofoam peanuts
Remember that the safety of your belongings is at stake here, so you must do your best to prepare them for transportation. It doesn’t matter if you are moving just a couple of blocks away or conducting a long-distance move, proper packing is the key to every successful relocation.
Where to get free packing supplies in Philadelphia?
The average cost of a local move starts at around 1,500$, while the long-distance move can cost anywhere upwards of 4,500$. As you can see, moving can be very expensive but there are ways to cut costs and save some money. For example, you can opt to get free or used moving supplies. Here’s how to do it:
- Contact your friends. Do you have friends or relatives who recently moved? Maybe they still have some leftover boxes that you could put to good use.
- Go online. Websites like Craigslist have segments with used moving equipment, and there is a fair chance that you will find something interesting there. Additionally, social networks like Facebook have pages dedicated to pretty-much everything nowadays, and maybe someone in your local community is giving away free moving boxes.
- Visit your local stores. Supermarkets receive daily shipments of merchandise that come in cardboard packaging. If you explain your situation to the store manager, they will probably give you some free boxes. Specialized stores like vine shops or book stores have sturdy boxes or wooden crates that could be useful for packing of your heavy belongings.
Some of the store where you can buy packing supplies in Philadelphia
While it is possible to find free moving boxes, you will have to buy other pieces of the moving equipment. So, if you have set your mind on organizing the move on your own, these are the places that you should visit:
- Your local DIY store. Hardware stores sell various home improvement items like tools, electrical and plumbing supplies, cleaning products, paints, and so forth. This is the ideal place to get packing tapes, bubble wrap, boxes, pens, and other moving supplies. Don’t waste your time and get everything in one place.
- 99 cent stores. Dollar stores sell a wide range of inexpensive household goods, and there is a good possibility that you will find boxes and palettes here.
- Lesco paper and box is the place to get corrugated cartons, protective packaging materials, and shipping supplies.
- Your local moving company. There is a possibility that your local moving company is also selling moving supplies on top of offering moving-services.
- Office supply store. This a good place to get marker pens, sticker labels, and scissors.
All things considered, finding packing supplies in Philadelphia shouldn’t be a problem. We advise you to make a good moving plan. It will help you to estimate how many boxes you will need, and in what sizes. We hope that you will find this article helpful, and we wish you a safe relocation.